It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare other prices will most likely switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Orlando is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Orlando.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Orlando. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Most of the larger companies provide prices for coverage online. Comparing Mercury Mariner insurance rates online is very simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the form. When the form is submitted, their system requests your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get price quotes for Mercury Mariner insurance in Orlando makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find the cheapest possible prices on auto insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you are getting a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save a ton by getting discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Mariner insurance in Orlando.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow companies to track driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando auto insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mariner car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, federal employee, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, student away at school, payment discounts, driver training, and home ownership.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for family plan, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, accident-free, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, early shopping, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Esurance discounts include renters, DriveSense, paid-in-full, good student, multi-car, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and multi-policy.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To see auto insurance companies who offer free Mercury Mariner insurance quotes in Florida, click here.
Statistics and details
The table displayed below outlines different coverage prices for Mercury Mariner models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance prices are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$322||$544||$354||$20||$106||$1,346||$112|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$322||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,528||$127|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$364||$544||$354||$20||$106||$1,388||$116|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$364||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise price quotes noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Mercury Mariner premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Mercury Mariner auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mariner auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Smart Buyers Save More
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Lower premiums with continuous car insurance coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- High credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Mercury Mariner by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Young drivers in Florida have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.