Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers in Florida have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves as much as $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they switched.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Florida. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Shopping around for the lowest-priced auto insurance in Orlando is quite easy. Basically, every person who is required by state law to have auto insurance will more than likely find a lower-cost company. But Florida car owners must know how companies calculate your auto insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The best way to find competitive Toyota Corolla iM insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to drive to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible compare online quotes and still use a local agent. It’s important to know that comparing more prices helps you find lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you need to compare rates from them as well.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want to find the best auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts on Orlando car insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Corolla iM insurance premium.
- Sign Online – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include paperless, multi-policy, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, renters, good driver, claim free, emergency road assistance, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not apply in Orlando.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Corolla iM in Orlando, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Corolla iM has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Corolla iM outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
What is the best car insurance company in Orlando?
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Orlando. The ranking information below can help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Orlando who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Orlando auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Orlando insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Orlando that may be able to give comparison quotes.
WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Orlando?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been open in Orlando?