It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who compared prices once a year saved on average $865 annually compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Orlando is your ultimate target, understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
How Insurance Companies Determine Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you better car insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The following are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Being married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High credit rating translates to low premiums – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen e-Golf if you improve your credit rating.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Youthful drivers cost more – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums – The more you drive your Volkswagen each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated e-Golf is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot – There are a ton of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Occupations like military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Just invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you require the peace of mind of a local agent. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your e-Golf just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Orlando, car insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Orlando with these discounts
Companies do not advertise every discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Orlando can earn you a little savings because it shows financial diligence.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in Florida, click here.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Orlando.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Orlando insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Orlando that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Which car insurance company is best in Orlando?
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Orlando. The company ratings below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Volkswagen e-Golf?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Florida?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last note
Lower-priced auto insurance in Orlando can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
We covered many ideas to compare Volkswagen e-Golf insurance premium rates in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)