Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Volvo V50 insurance in Orlando is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Florida.
First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for instructions to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $2,200, Orlando drivers could save nearly $1,126 every year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these tips. This article’s goal is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. But Florida drivers must comprehend the way companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
When looking for low cost Orlando car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Florida. One of the best ways to lower the rate you pay for Volvo V50 insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps you find the best rates.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Orlando, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Volvo V50 insurance rates and statistics
The data table shown below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Volvo V50 models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are calculated can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$194||$454||$438||$26||$132||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify premium rates noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Volvo V50 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo V50 yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo V50 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo V50 insurance in Orlando
Some companies do not list every discount available very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Online Discount – Many auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Orlando car insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will reduce your auto insurance premiums.
The information below compares Volvo V50 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, student away at school, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, good student, air bags, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, early bird, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you need inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Orlando, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Orlando insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Orlando car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a good Orlando insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Orlando independent agencies that can give you competitive price quotes.
- WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- Corkhill Insurance Agency, LLC
20 S Bumby Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-8891 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How many years have they been established?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Orlando?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What if I total my Volvo V50 and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Volvo V50 insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Orlando is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Orlando car insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)