It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers could save themselves approximately $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Saturn VUE insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Orlando.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a negative credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to prevent rate hikes and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Immediately place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
This article will help educate you on how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Although Florida consumers need to have an understanding of how companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Best companies for Saturn VUE insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance analysis for a Saturn VUE
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Saturn VUE models. Learning how premiums are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$222||$346||$564||$34||$168||$1,334||$111|
|Vue XR 2WD||$222||$420||$564||$34||$168||$1,408||$117|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$250||$420||$564||$34||$168||$1,436||$120|
|Vue XR AWD||$250||$420||$564||$34||$168||$1,436||$120|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$250||$496||$564||$34||$168||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
How Your VUE Insurance Premiums are Determined
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- Occupation can influence rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Better prices on cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. It means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Saturn VUE if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Saturn VUE car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
Cautious drivers pay better prices – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. People who have multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Saturn VUE car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Orlando and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Orlando auto insurance with certain companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to spy on driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Saturn VUE auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, federal employee, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in Orlando. To view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Local Orlando auto insurance agents and car insurance
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Orlando.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Orlando that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Orlando can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Orlando that may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Risk Transfer Insurance Agency
219 E Livingston St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 481-9363 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
5728 Major Blvd #705 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 440-8665 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Luis Diaz
1634 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 823-8232 – View Map
- Bill Bryan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5470 Central Florida Pkwy – Orlando, FL 32821 – (407) 239-4777 – View Map
- Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
If you get good feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance.
Best auto insurance in Orlando
Finding the best insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The company information in the next section could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Saturn VUE?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Low-cost Saturn VUE insurance in Orlando can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is located at these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)