Regrettably, about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $2,200, Orlando drivers can save up to $1,130 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount Dodge Challenger insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Orlando. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Our goal in writing this article tell you the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. But Florida vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Challenger can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the web.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies that have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state.
The majority of larger companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process is quite simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rates for Dodge Challenger insurance in Orlando helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the best auto insurance rates.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Analysis of Dodge Challenger rates
The premium table displayed below covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Dodge Challenger models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are established can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Challenger book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Buying auto insurance from Orlando insurance agencies
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Orlando.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a good Orlando insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Orlando are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Orlando that may be able to give rate quotes.
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 616-7894 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
5728 Major Blvd #705 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 440-8665 – View Map
- SVF Insurance LLC
1205 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 447-2204 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Orlando?
If you get positive responses to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective Dodge Challenger insurance can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
You just read many ways to save on Dodge Challenger insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Orlando? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)