Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that people who compared rates once a year saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Orlando is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The preferred way to find low-cost Ford Explorer insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Orlando. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Getting quotes for cheaper policy in Orlando is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, anyone who comparison shops for car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. But Florida drivers need to learn how insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for Ford Explorer insurance
The following companies offer price comparisons in Orlando, FL. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford Explorer insurance statistics and information
The coverage information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Ford Explorer models. Having a good understanding how premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$196||$322||$504||$30||$152||$1,204||$100|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$196||$322||$504||$30||$152||$1,204||$100|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$196||$322||$504||$30||$152||$1,204||$100|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$196||$322||$504||$30||$152||$1,204||$100|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can impact premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Explorer insurance premiums for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents increase Ford Explorer auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Orlando?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Explorer book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance quotes
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for signing up early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Explorer can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above possibly include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Orlando. If you would like to see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, click this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Explorer Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Ford every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Explorer may be costing you. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows the right rating data.
Your job is a factor – Occupational choices like military generals, social workers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Always keep your coverage in force – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a fast way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Explorer insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Explorer – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford Explorer vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Explorer 4dr 2WD||80||90||79||75||70||82|
|Ford Explorer 4dr 4WD||94||94||97||75||70||85|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Explorer is worth?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Orlando auto insurance agent
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Orlando.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Orlando that can provide free Orlando car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Orlando that can give you pricing information.
National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide rate quotes.
Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
What is the best auto insurance company in Florida?
Finding a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Orlando. The rank data shown next can help you select which coverage providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Explorer insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)