If price shopping Orlando auto insurance quotes online is new to you, it’s easy to be confused thanks to all the different types of online insurance companies and websites all advertising big savings for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Orlando.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in Orlando can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
This information will help you learn the best ways to compare prices and also save some money in the process If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. But Florida consumers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
The Jeep Cherokee Insurance Premium Equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Experienced drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Never let your coverage expire – Not having insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Where you reside is a factor – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
Jeep Cherokee insurance loss statistics – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes comparison
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Cherokee
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Orlando, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Jeep Cherokee has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Jeep and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Cherokee insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Orlando Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for IntelliDrive, multi-policy, driver training, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and early quote.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Orlando, click here to view.
Local Orlando insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Orlando.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Orlando for you
If you are wanting to find a local Orlando insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Orlando are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando that can possibly get you price quote information.
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 849-9000 – View Map
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 616-7894 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
845 N Fern Creek Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-0461 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Orlando that are able to give comparison quotes.
- David Chong – State Farm Insurance Agent
10421 Moss Park Rd – Orlando, FL 32832 – (407) 736-9700 – View Map
- Marylou Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Metrowest Blvd #103 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 857-0400 – View Map
- Bill Bryan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5470 Central Florida Pkwy – Orlando, FL 32821 – (407) 239-4777 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Florida car insurance companies
Finding the top auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Orlando. The company rank data shown below could help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Persistence pays off
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Jeep Cherokee insurance car insurance rates in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, high prices and delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
How to find cheaper quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Orlando
The preferred way to get cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in Orlando is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)