It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Orlando. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional tips to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Orlando could save 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Getting quotes for the cheapest protection in Orlando is not as hard as you may think. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners benefit from understanding how companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Cheaper prices using theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
What are good liability coverage limits? – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Tesla every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Model X may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Tickets can be expensive – Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Tesla Model X insurance in Orlando is to realize all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how much education you have, if it has an anti-theft system, if you are currently licensed, and how much coverage you want. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple insurance providers and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Orlando.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. To buy cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect more than your Tesla Model X
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Model X has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Tesla at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new Model X can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, click here to view.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Orlando should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Orlando agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are Orlando exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rick Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 Corrine Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-8100 – View Map
- Rocco English – State Farm Insurance Agent
7536 Dr Phillips Blvd #320 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 351-5353 – View Map
- Leigh DelVesco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 290-8544 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
- Risk Transfer Insurance Agency
219 E Livingston St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 481-9363 – View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32808 – (321) 270-6385 – View Map
- State and Co Insurance Agency
605 E Robinson St #450 – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 334-7505 – View Map
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Florida car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Orlando. The information below can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Orlando?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I rate my Tesla Model X as pleasure use or commute?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you quote Orlando auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Tesla Model X insurance premium rates in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More affordable insurance in Orlando can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)