If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Orlando is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for better prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Orlando is your objective, then learning about the best way to compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Our goal is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Florida car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Orlando is to realize most insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your education level, whether you are married, and whether or not you need a SR-22. The data is automatically sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you receive quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Atlas, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Volkswagen Atlas and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some insurers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, homeowner, online shopper, DriveSense, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Orlando. To see insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Atlas insurance discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Orlando car insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Orlando.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Orlando are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Brown and Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
7009 Dr Phillips Blvd # 280 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 843-7500 – View Map
- Orlando Insurance Agency
5764 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32810 – (407) 901-2103 – View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32817 – (407) 657-8808 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are Orlando exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 281-6300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Orlando can be bought both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Orlando auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)