Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers in Florida kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could save nearly $850 a year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest car insurance in Orlando is quite easy. Nearly every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have car insurance should be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Orlando is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you are currently licensed, driver ages, an estimate of your credit level, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is automatically sent to multiple companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Orlando
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Buy New and Save – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, youthful driver, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, homeowner, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Allstate discounts include multi-policy, senior citizen, auto/life discount, good student, 55 and retired, and farm vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Protect more than your R32
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen R32 in Orlando, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Florida overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Orlando auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Florida. The ranking data in the lists below can help you pick which providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Insurance agents near you
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Orlando who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are Orlando car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Orlando.
- Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 855-6797 – View Map
- R J Allen – State Farm Insurance Agent
8255 Lee Vista Blvd C – Orlando, FL 32829 – (407) 823-7900 – View Map
- Orlando Insurance Agency
5764 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32810 – (407) 901-2103 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
After getting good responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance company that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into a specific company for any length of time.