The recommended way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare other prices will presumably switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates annually saved $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Orlando is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
Most companies give price estimates online. Getting Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices online doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the quote system requests credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Orlando simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find lower-cost prices.
To compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Florida. To locate the best auto insurance in Orlando, FL, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insuring your Bolt EV just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Bolt EV has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Orlando is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Orlando?
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Orlando. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Orlando, click here to view.
Best car insurance company in Orlando
Ending up with the highest-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Florida. The company ratings shown below can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century