It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who get price quotes annually are inclined to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Volvo S80 insurance in Orlando is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Orlando is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Florida.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more details to get better rates and earn larger discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can learn to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Orlando can be easy if you know a few tricks. Drivers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to buy auto insurance online from multiple companies.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Florida
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Florida. To buy cheap auto insurance in Orlando, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Volvo S80 coverage statistics
The coverage information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Volvo S80 models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are established helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$316||$626||$400||$24||$120||$1,486||$124|
|S80 Executive AWD||$316||$708||$400||$24||$120||$1,568||$131|
|S80 V8 AWD||$348||$708||$400||$24||$120||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo S80 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Volvo S80 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo S80 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the premium cost.
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo S80 auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, air bags, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, driver training, early bird, student driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Save by driving safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Volvo S80 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
The type of vehicle you drive affects your costs – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are for small economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart is based on a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Volvo S80 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
- Cheap rates for being claim-free – Insurance companies in Florida award better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower auto insurance rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Responsible credit scores equal low prices – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo S80 by repairing your credit.
Insurance loss probability for a Volvo S80 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo S80 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Volvo S80 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When choosing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but still have a local Orlando insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in Orlando.
By using this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Orlando can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
Bill Cordy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2737 N Hiawassee Rd – Orlando, FL 32818 – (407) 298-9996 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Volvo S80 insurance premium rates online in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is located on the following sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)