Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Orlando could pocket as much as 55% a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Orlando.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to save money while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Orlando seems hard but is not really that difficult. Shoppers just have to use the quickest method to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Finding a better price on car insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just need to take the time getting comparison quotes to see which company has inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want cheaper car insurance in Orlando, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right WRX insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru WRX insurance, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of these six discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Orlando can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Orlando car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Orlando may earn a discount on your policy.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando car insurance but check with your company.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Travelers may offer discounts for driver training, home ownership, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, save driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, driver training, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, seat belt use, air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Orlando, click here to view.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has their agency been in business in Orlando?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Best auto insurance agent in Orlando
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Orlando willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your WRX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 10/20/10 which means a limit of $10,000 per injured person, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Subaru WRX.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Cheap insurance prices are available
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, delays in paying claims and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Subaru WRX insurance prices in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced Subaru WRX insurance in Orlando can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)