A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Florida could save roughly 55% a year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Orlando is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Florida.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more details to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Orlando. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
We hope to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Drivers just have to understand the tricks to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Orlando is to know almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like the make and model of your vehicles, how much coverage you want, if the vehicle is leased, and if you have a valid license. Those rating factors is then sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To find lower affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Orlando, FL. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Orlando, FL, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Orlando?
Car insurance companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Orlando car insurance quote.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, home ownership, save driver, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new graduate, newly retired, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, Steer into Savings, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Orlando. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Orlando.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Agents are either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Orlando that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
- Universal Insurance Agency
1548 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 898-1116 – View Map
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (321) 445-1117 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Luis T. Martell
7800 W Sand Lake Rd #201 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 522-9293 – View Map
- Mike Broschart – State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd – Orlando, FL 32811 – (407) 298-2700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Polette Hernandez Gardner
2606 E Robinson St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 380-0083 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Orlando?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
What Impacts Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Premiums?
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- How’s your driving record? – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have multiple tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most companies will give a discount to buyers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Does your job raise your premiums? – Occupations like military generals, social workers, and miners usually pay higher premium rates in part from job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers such as professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Save money by having excellent credit – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG by improving your credit score.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are a lot of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Why you need insurance for your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your SLS AMG, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mercedes-Benz at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Mercedes-Benz as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable insurance is out there
We just showed you many tips how you can find lower-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Orlando is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be found at the links below
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)