Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Florida can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Orlando is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Florida.
- Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and poor credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Grand Caravan coverage is available in Orlando. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to find better prices without reducing coverage. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Orlando seems hard but is not really that difficult. You only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop from multiple carriers.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Orlando is fairly simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, their rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Florida. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Florida
Even though Orlando Grand Caravan insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Grand Caravan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Dodge Grand Caravan but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Dodge gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$278||$460||$472||$28||$142||$1,380||$115|
|Grand Caravan SE||$278||$460||$472||$28||$142||$1,380||$115|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$278||$560||$472||$28||$142||$1,480||$123|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$312||$560||$472||$28||$142||$1,514||$126|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$312||$560||$472||$28||$142||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below compares Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Grand Caravan replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get discounts to get affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Multiple Cars – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Orlando car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Orlando car insurance quote as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Orlando and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and business and professional.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
Double check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in your state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.