Are you researching low-cost insurance rates in Orlando, FL? Orlando shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and get the lowest price from both online companies and Orlando agents.
A study showed that most Florida insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save themselves about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
It’s smart to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Orlando a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to find lower rates on insurance.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. This article’s goal is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to use the tricks to compare insurance rates instantly.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage is a factor – Being married actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Driving citations can increase premiums – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. People who have careless tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Vehicle options can affect rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Your location is important – Living in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Filing claims can cost you more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Florida give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your C-Max Energi may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford C-Max Energi insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford C-Max Energi, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Discounts for cheaper insurance quotes
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Orlando auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers with significant discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Orlando.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Orlando who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Orlando
If you are wanting to find a local Orlando insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Orlando Health Insurance Agent
7898 Canyon Lake Cir – Orlando, FL 32835 – (321) 446-6527 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
845 N Fern Creek Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-0461 – View Map
- Corkhill Insurance Agency, LLC
20 S Bumby Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-8891 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Leigh DelVesco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 290-8544 – View Map
- Bill Cordy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2737 N Hiawassee Rd – Orlando, FL 32818 – (407) 298-9996 – View Map
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Smart shoppers get results
We just presented many ways to lower your Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
More affordable auto insurance in Orlando is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
Steps to finding better rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Orlando
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in Orlando. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and a poor credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on C-Max Energi insurance in Orlando. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)