Unfortunately, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Orlando could save approximately 55% every year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides the details to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
This article’s intent is to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes instantly.
Cheapest auto insurance in Orlando, FL
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Orlando, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Rates and other information
The rate table shown below covers a range of rate quotes for Ford Expedition models. Being more informed about how rates are established is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$308||$522||$400||$24||$120||$1,374||$115|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$348||$636||$400||$24||$120||$1,528||$127|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$348||$636||$400||$24||$120||$1,528||$127|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$348||$636||$400||$24||$120||$1,528||$127|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$348||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,640||$137|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$348||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,640||$137|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$348||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,640||$137|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$388||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,680||$140|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$388||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,680||$140|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$388||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,680||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence premiums noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Expedition insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of age and gender on insurance rates
The information below compares Ford Expedition car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Buy Insurance for Less
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Occupation impacts rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as doctors, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest rates due to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Stay claim-free and lower prices – Companies in Florida provide the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Ford from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Mature drivers save more – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – The majority of insurers allow discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Orlando Expedition insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Ford Expedition statistical loss data – Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Expedition Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on Orlando insurance
Some providers don’t list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Orlando attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Ford Expedition insurance in Orlando.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, pay in full, bundle discounts, business and professional, and distant student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, safety features, multi-car, newly retired, and new move discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Double check with every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state. For a list of providers with discount rates in Orlando, click here.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Orlando.
Once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Independent Insurance Agents
845 N Fern Creek Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-0461 – View Map
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 616-7894 – View Map
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 849-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando that can give you price quote information.
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
- Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5005 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-7157 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long have they been in business?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Orlando?
Orlando car insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Florida. The company ratings shown below can help you select which coverage providers to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheaper insurance in Orlando can be purchased online in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
More information is available below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)