Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the United States could save 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The best way we recommend to save money on Tesla Model S insurance in Orlando is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Florida.
First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Orlando is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the best way to compare company rates from many companies at once.
Getting a cheap price on Tesla Model S insurance is an easy way to save money. Just spend a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Florida. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Orlando, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Tesla Model S insurance in Orlando?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Online Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Model S insurance in Orlando.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- No Accidents – Orlando drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Orlando. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Orlando, click here to view.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Orlando Model S insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tesla Model S has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Tesla at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Orlando overpays as much as $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What companies can they write with?
If you would like to find a local Orlando insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Orlando who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Alfredo Ortega – State Farm Insurance Agent
1118 Manor Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 249-9999 – View Map
- Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
- Rocco English – State Farm Insurance Agent
7536 Dr Phillips Blvd #320 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 351-5353 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide price quote information.
- Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 616-7894 – View Map
- Talmadge Commercial Insurance Agency
111 W Jefferson St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 701-6321 – View Map