Sadly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Florida being $2,158, drivers could save an average of nearly 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
The easiest way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that sell auto insurance in Orlando. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from lots of Florida car insurance companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Dodge Magnum insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to different Orlando agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the professional assistance only provided by licensed Orlando agents. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Florida. To buy cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Orlando, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Magnum has a loan, most banks will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Dodge but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance quotes in Orlando
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Magnum insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Orlando Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Orlando can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Magnum can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, click here.
Compare rates but still have a local Orlando insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Orlando.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Orlando that can provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a local Orlando insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long has their agency been open in Orlando?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Orlando?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Affordable insurance is out there
The cheapest Dodge Magnum insurance in Orlando is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Orlando auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When getting Orlando auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Magnum insurance in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)