Are you looking for more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando? Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando? Say no more because there are a lot of people in Orlando just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that people who shopped around saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Ford Five Hundred insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
How to find cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Orlando is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Florida. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Since you have so many choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Ford Five Hundred in Orlando, it can be difficult for drivers to find the lowest cost insurance company.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to find better coverage on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando at a better price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Orlando car insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Five Hundred insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Orlando car insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some credits may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Orlando who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Orlando?
- Is there a local claims center in Orlando?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
When narrowing the list to find a local Orlando insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Orlando are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Orlando who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide rate quotes.
Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 855-6797 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Ford Five Hundred earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Obey driving laws and save – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers with severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Florida provide discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies will award lower prices for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Insurance policy lapses increase rates – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Cheaper insurance rates using theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Ford from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though Orlando Five Hundred insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Ford Five Hundred but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Orlando car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
How to save money on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Orlando
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Florida.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)