Unbelievably, nearly 70% of Florida drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. U.S. drivers can cut their rates by 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Orlando.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Leaf coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Companies offering Nissan Leaf insurance in Orlando
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Orlando, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for these six discounts?
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando car insurance quote.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Orlando may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the premium cost.
To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in Orlando, click this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Nissan Leaf?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Orlando who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Orlando?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Orlando for you
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Orlando may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
- Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
- Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
- Rocco English – State Farm Insurance Agent
7536 Dr Phillips Blvd #320 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 351-5353 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
- Collins Insurance Agency, Inc.
522 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 423-8345 – View Map
- MacLeish Insurance
634 Virginia Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 647-8000 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind you can cancel your policy at any time so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like EMT expenses, nursing services, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Leaf to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 10/20/10 that translate to a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Nissan Leaf insurance in Orlando can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)