If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Orlando could save themselves about 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to physically go to and from local Orlando insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Ford Freestyle insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the extra assistance of a local agency. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Orlando, FL, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Orlando, paying for auto insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Freestyle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Lower Your Orlando Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Where you call home plays a part – Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims.
Safer cars means lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Premiums go up with performance – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Optional features that cut prices – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft.
Marriage discount – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save mileage and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Freestyle is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing annual mileage, because it can save money.
Cheap Orlando auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Orlando and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Freestyle can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To locate providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Orlando car insurance agent
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Orlando.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Best car insurance agent in Orlando
If you need to find a local Orlando insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Orlando are either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Orlando that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Orlando exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Orlando should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Frequent quotes can save
When getting Orlando car insurance quotes online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper insurance in Orlando is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, so you need to shop Orlando car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Ford Freestyle insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)