Having to pay for pricey car insurance in Orlando can consume your accounts and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
Steps to finding better rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on Chevy Spark EV insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Orlando.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
People have many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Spark EV can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, student away at school, IntelliDrive, new car, save driver, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family has savings for early bird, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, newly retired, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, and new graduate.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Orlando. To locate insurance companies who offer free Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Orlando, click this link.
When looking for inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from local Orlando auto insurance companies. The fastest way to find cheaper Chevy Spark EV rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive around to different Orlando agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Orlando, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Local Orlando insurance agencies
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Orlando?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How many years have they been established?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide rate quotes.
National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
Cover all your bases
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned a lot of ways to find lower-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to buying affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Orlando
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Orlando.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)