How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando? Drivers not familiar with comparison shopping online may find buying the cheapest Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando can be quite challenging.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance buyers in Florida kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. American consumers can save as much as $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. This article’s intent is to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. But Florida vehicle owners must know the way companies determine how much to charge.
Low Cost auto insurance in Orlando, FL
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. To buy cheap auto insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Data for Dodge Charger insurance
The rate information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Dodge Charger models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$500||$940||$704||$42||$210||$2,396||$200|
|Charger SXT AWD||$500||$940||$704||$42||$210||$2,396||$200|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$500||$1082||$704||$42||$210||$2,538||$212|
|Charger R/T AWD||$552||$1082||$704||$42||$210||$2,590||$216|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Charger annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Charger replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando car insurance quote.
- E-sign – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on their website.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Orlando car insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Charger yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Get More Affordable Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- High credit history translates to low premiums – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Charger by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Eliminate incidental coverages – There are many additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Charger may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area can save you money when talking about insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Use one insurance company and save – The majority of insurers will give lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles – Companies use claims history when determining insurance prices. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Charger Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local Orlando insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who will give competitive quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
How to find a good Florida auto insurance company
Selecting the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Orlando. The company information below may help you choose which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando is available both online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding lower priced Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Dodge Charger insurance in Orlando is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Orlando, FL? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)