Feeling guilty for buying high-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando? Believe me, there are lots of Orlando residents who feel the same.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $72 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to quote prices and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
How to find low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando
The best way to find more affordable Dodge Ram insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Orlando. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to help keep prices low and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ram insurance in Orlando. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Dodge Ram in Orlando, it is very difficult to pick the lowest price company.
Affordable companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. To find cheap car insurance in Orlando, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Dodge Ram coverage statistics
The coverage information displayed next highlights different insurance costs for Dodge Ram models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$182||$258||$486||$28||$146||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$204||$314||$486||$28||$146||$1,178||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$228||$370||$486||$28||$146||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$228||$426||$486||$28||$146||$1,314||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$228||$426||$486||$28||$146||$1,314||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premium rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these seven discounts
Some companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in Orlando. To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Orlando?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
The difference between Orlando car insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Orlando are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Orlando independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
How to find a good Orlando auto insurance company
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Orlando. The ranking information in the next section can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Ram from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Ram to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for things like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, chiropractic care and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, loss of income and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Ram.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to finding more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Orlando is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote and and to look at every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)