It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more details to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Orlando is actually quite simple. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using this information. Shoppers just need to use the fastest way to compare company rates over the internet.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Lexus RC F insurance in Orlando is to know the fact most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including coverage limits, types of safety features, if you are currently licensed, and the ages of drivers. The data is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Orlando.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Orlando, FL, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Orlando insurance discounts for a Lexus RC F
Some providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Orlando auto insurance on the internet.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Protect more than your Lexus RC F
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RC F in Orlando, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Will my Lexus RC F be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Orlando?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Orlando auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Orlando who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When looking for a local insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Orlando are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
- Marylou Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Metrowest Blvd #103 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 857-0400 – View Map
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Polette Hernandez Gardner
2606 E Robinson St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 380-0083 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
- National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
- WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map