Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Orlando? Are you burned out from sacrificing other expenses to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in Florida.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Florida drivers could save approximately $1,126 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Orlando a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Orlando is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies calculate your policy premium.
Best companies for cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in Florida
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
The premium table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado models. Understanding more about how rates are determined helps drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$208||$332||$486||$28||$146||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$208||$332||$430||$26||$128||$1,124||$94|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$238||$402||$486||$28||$146||$1,300||$108|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$238||$402||$486||$28||$146||$1,300||$108|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$238||$402||$430||$26||$128||$1,224||$102|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$238||$402||$430||$26||$128||$1,224||$102|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$238||$402||$486||$28||$146||$1,300||$108|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$238||$402||$486||$28||$146||$1,300||$108|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$474||$430||$26||$128||$1,328||$111|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$474||$430||$26||$128||$1,328||$111|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$270||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$270||$474||$430||$26||$128||$1,328||$111|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$474||$430||$26||$128||$1,328||$111|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$270||$546||$430||$26||$128||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$300||$546||$430||$26||$128||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can revise prices considerably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevy Silverado insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age in Orlando
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Determine discounts on Orlando car insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Orlando can earn you a little savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, good student, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, good driver, online quote, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies in Orlando. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Orlando, click here.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Silverado Insurance Prices?
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
- No policy gaps is important – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Driving citations inflate costs – Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Just one ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Credit history impacts premium costs – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your Silverado policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – If you file claims often, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Florida generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Silverado – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Silverado Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact an insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Orlando who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Where are claims handled?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Orlando?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you want to buy insurance from local Orlando agents, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Orlando agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Orlando that are able to give rate quotes.
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
Lower-priced auto insurance in Orlando is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Orlando, so you need to shop Orlando auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Chevy Silverado insurance in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
How to find better rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Orlando
The best way we recommend to get low-cost car insurance rates in Orlando is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Florida.
First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)