It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Orlando.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more details to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unbelievably, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Florida could pocket almost $1,126 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Orlando is really quite easy. Essentially every vehicle owner who needs more affordable car insurance will probably be able to save money. But Florida consumers do need to know how companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Best companies for Oldsmobile Bravada insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Orlando, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Orlando auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, good student, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe vehicle, paperless, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, paid in full, student away at school, and safe driver.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, good driver, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Oldsmobile Bravada insurance quotes in Orlando, click here.
How do Insurers Determine Oldsmobile Bravada Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rates.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents.
No claims equals cheap rates – Auto insurance companies in Florida give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Get hitched and get better costs – Being married can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Gender and auto insurance costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Raise deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Oldsmobile. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Orlando insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Orlando, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Orlando exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5005 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-7157 – View Map
- David Chong – State Farm Insurance Agent
10421 Moss Park Rd – Orlando, FL 32832 – (407) 736-9700 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 849-9000 – View Map
- Gingerbread Insurance Agency
8000 S Orange Ave #201 – Orlando, FL 32809 – (407) 309-9949 – View Map
- J Meyers Insurance Agency
5003 Old Cheney Hwy – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-0230 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Cheaper insurance in Orlando can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Orlando auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Oldsmobile Bravada insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)