If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance is to annually compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Orlando. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unbelievably, most consumers in Florida have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in America can save as much as 47% each year, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
The cheapest Orlando Pontiac GTO insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies allow you to get prices direct online. Comparing prices online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Orlando doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your required coverages on the page. Once entered, their system collects credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
Quoting online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Orlando makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment on auto insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Orlando, insuring your vehicle is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac GTO has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Pontiac and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Continuous coverage lowers rates – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Discounts for married drivers – Getting married may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Florida cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Performance impacts prices – The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – Auto insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Cheaper rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Orlando with these discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Orlando auto insurance with certain companies.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Orlando is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current GTO insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Orlando and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out life insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
If you would like to view companies who offer free Pontiac GTO insurance quotes in Florida, click this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Orlando should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Two types of Orlando auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Orlando are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Orlando willing to provide rate quotes.
- Henry Wahl – State Farm Insurance Agent
417 Summerlin Avenue – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 895-5285 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Orlando independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
5728 Major Blvd #705 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 440-8665 – View Map
- Corkhill Insurance Agency, LLC
20 S Bumby Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-8891 – View Map
After getting good responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
What is the best car insurance company in Orlando?
Finding a good quality company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Florida. The ranking data in the lists below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Orlando auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)