A recent survey discovered that most Florida auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. The average driver in the United States could save $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
The easiest way to quote cheaper Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Florida. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more information to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. This information will teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages. Consumers just need to use the most effective way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Florida. To locate cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Orlando insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Orlando.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Orlando that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Orlando should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Orlando?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Orlando are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Alfredo Ortega – State Farm Insurance Agent
1118 Manor Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 249-9999 – View Map
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- Brightway Insurance, The Ourso Agency
4100 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 901-0040 – View Map
- SVF Insurance LLC
1205 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 447-2204 – View Map
- WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Kia annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Optima Plug-In Hybrid may be costing you.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Marriage equates to better costs – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Continuous car insurance coverage saves money – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Residing in a rural area can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Careless drivers pay higher premiums – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a good credit score factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid by improving your rating.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance premium rates in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Orlando car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Orlando car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Orlando car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)