The easiest way to get budget Mazda 5 insurance in Orlando is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds in Florida kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. The average driver in the United States could save themselves approximately 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Best companies for cheap Mazda 5 insurance in Florida
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Orlando, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Mazda 5 models. Learning how car insurance prices are established can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$220||$406||$460||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$252||$494||$460||$28||$138||$1,372||$114|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$252||$494||$460||$28||$138||$1,372||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Mazda 5 premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Mazda 5 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Orlando?
The illustration below compares Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda 5 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discounts can help lower rates on Mazda 5 insurance in Orlando
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total 5 insurance premium.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Orlando car insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below compares Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay in full, distant student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, federal employee, good student, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paperless, safe driver, group or association, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, and air bags.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, military installation, annual mileage, and vehicle storage.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Orlando. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, click this link.
Comparing quotes from local Orlando insurance agents
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Orlando who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Orlando should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- How are they compensated?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Insurance coverage options for a Mazda 5
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your 5 to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 bodily injury coverage, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, court costs, medical expenses, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mazda 5.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Quote often and quote early
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Mazda 5 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Orlando car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in Orlando can be purchased on the web in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)