Did a good deal turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, many Orlando consumers are in the same pinch.
Unfortunately, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Orlando can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the benefits if they bought a different policy.
How to buy discount Nissan Frontier insurance in Orlando
To save the most money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Orlando.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations and poor credit can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Consumers have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Orlando.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. To get cheaper car insurance in Orlando, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table shown next highlights different coverage prices for Nissan Frontier models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are established can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$188||$352||$532||$32||$160||$1,264||$105|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$222||$352||$532||$32||$160||$1,298||$108|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$430||$532||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$254||$430||$532||$32||$160||$1,408||$117|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$254||$430||$532||$32||$160||$1,408||$117|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$254||$352||$426||$26||$128||$1,186||$99|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$254||$506||$532||$32||$160||$1,484||$124|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$254||$506||$532||$32||$160||$1,484||$124|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$254||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,264||$105|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$286||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$286||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
How much more does full coverage cost in Orlando?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insuring your Frontier just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Orlando, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Frontier, most banks will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Nissan Frontier Insurance
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Extra coverages can add up – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Continuous insurance coverage saves money – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Frontier can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Get hitched and get cheaper costs – Being married may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. It translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Frontier – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Orlando insurance discounts for a Nissan Frontier
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Orlando car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Frontier insurance in Orlando.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Orlando drivers who agree to allow their company to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, good student, mature driver, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good driver, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, driver training, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Nissan Frontier insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Orlando.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Orlando car insurance agent
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Orlando.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Orlando that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
What type of Orlando car insurance agent is right for you?
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Orlando are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Orlando that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando that can give you comparison quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Orlando will have answers to these questions.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When getting Orlando car insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Nissan Frontier insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Nissan Frontier insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find low-cost Nissan Frontier insurance in Orlando
The recommended way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Florida. You can shop around by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Even more information can be found in these articles: