Do you want to learn to get low-cost Chevy City Express insurance in Orlando? Have you had enough of paying out the nose to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other vehicle owners.
Shocking but true, over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Florida consumers could cut their rates by roughly $1,130 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy. Having so many options for buying affordable insurance for a Chevy City Express in Orlando, it can be hard to pick the lowest price insurance company.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates before your next renewal because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Chevy City Express insurance in Orlando at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. There are lots of tips to save on City Express insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Orlando is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Shoppers just need to know the proper way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Married drivers pay less – Your spouse may save some money on insurance. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Alarm systems systems cut premiums – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Male premiums may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
How to compare Orlando Chevy City Express insurance quotes
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. This process is pretty easy because you just enter the coverages you want on the page. Once entered, their rating system collects your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Getting online quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in Orlando makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
In order to compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. To buy cheaper car insurance in Orlando, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rate information and statistics
The rate information displayed below outlines different insurance policy prices for Chevy City Express models. Having insight into how car insurance prices are established can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$320||$446||$546||$32||$164||$1,508||$126|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$320||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,606||$134|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$368||$544||$546||$32||$164||$1,654||$138|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$368||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,750||$146|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$368||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,750||$146|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$368||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,750||$146|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,750||$146|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$414||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,796||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can influence coverage rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Chevy City Express insurance rates for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Orlando insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can influence Chevy City Express car insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Orlando
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your City Express, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy City Express and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current City Express insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy City Express car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Orlando who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Orlando should know the answers to these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Orlando?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Orlando can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Orlando exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Orlando
Selecting the highest-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The ranking data shown next may help you select which providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Find affordable auto insurance rates by comparing often
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Chevy City Express insurance in Orlando is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Orlando car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in Orlando
The best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy City Express insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Orlando.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)