Finding low-cost Orlando Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes on the internet might seem problematic for people who are new to online price comparisons. With dozens of insurers available, how can you be able to compare each option to find the lowest price available?
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates annually will probably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on auto insurance in Orlando is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible since prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Beetle insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to buy insurance cheaper in Orlando.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando is to understand car insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your job, how much coverage you want, if a SR-22 is required, and how your vehicles are used. Your details is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Orlando auto insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Orlando. To see providers with the best discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage table displayed next showcases a range of rate quotes for Volkswagen Beetle models. Being more informed about how premiums are formulated is important for making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$240||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,232||$103|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$312||$634||$258||$16||$78||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below compares Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Beetle claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Orlando that provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. A good agent in Orlando will have answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Orlando?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Never allow your insurance to lapse – Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- High deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, hail damage, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one chargeable violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Safety first – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Low credit history equals high rates – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Beetle by improving your rating.
Volkswagen Beetle insurance loss probability – Companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance rates. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Beetle Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volkswagen Beetle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents. Affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to buy lower priced Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Orlando
The best way to get cheaper Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Orlando.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be read below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)