We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Orlando is your objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Orlando is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Try to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more information to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Orlando is really quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers just have to know the most time-saving way to shop for car insurance online.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want the best car insurance in Orlando, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Orlando Captiva Sport insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Captiva Sport, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Orlando could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Orlando can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for save driver, driver training, good student, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, teen driver discount, new move discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies in Orlando.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Orlando that can give you free Orlando car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any good agent in Orlando should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Orlando may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Chevy Captiva Sport
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, fire damage, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Captiva Sport resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Captiva Sport to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for doctor visits, nursing services, surgery, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Captiva Sport.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 10/20/10 that translate to a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, structural damage, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
What is the best auto insurance company in Orlando?
Ending up with the top car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Orlando can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance car insurance rates online in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)