Searching for cheaper car insurance rates in Orlando, FL? Orlando drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Ford Fiesta insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Ford and get the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to quote other rates occasionally because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Ford Fiesta insurance in Orlando two years ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to save on car insurance.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Comparing prices online for Ford Fiesta insurance in Orlando is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, their rating system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Orlando makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a lower rate.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Florida. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Orlando, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, federal employee, and military active duty.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Orlando, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiesta has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Ford and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Orlando.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for local Orlando agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Orlando that can give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Gingerbread Insurance Agency
8000 S Orange Ave #201 – Orlando, FL 32809 – (407) 309-9949 – View Map
- Orlando Health Insurance Agent
7898 Canyon Lake Cir – Orlando, FL 32835 – (321) 446-6527 – View Map
- MacLeish Insurance
634 Virginia Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 647-8000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
- Mike Broschart – State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd – Orlando, FL 32811 – (407) 298-2700 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- David Chong – State Farm Insurance Agent
10421 Moss Park Rd – Orlando, FL 32832 – (407) 736-9700 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What companies can they write with?