How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive car insurance rates in Orlando, FL? Orlando buyers have many options when searching for affordable Volvo V60 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Volvo and obtain the lowest price from Orlando insurance agents and online providers.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your education level, and whether you have decent credit. That rating information is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you get price estimates with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why you need V60 insurance in Florida
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volvo V60 but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Orlando auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on V60 insurance in Orlando.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce your premiums.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, multi-car, switch companies, and pay in full.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Esurance offers discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, good student, online shopper, and renters.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Volvo V60 insurance quotes in Orlando, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Orlando?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Orlando can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Orlando that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Luis T. Martell
7800 W Sand Lake Rd #201 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 522-9293 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
- Mike Broschart – State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd – Orlando, FL 32811 – (407) 298-2700 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Orlando who can help you get rate quotes.
- Brad Shivers Insurance Agency
1060 Woodcock Rd – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 601-1835 – View Map
- Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (321) 445-1117 – View Map
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, dental work, chiropractic care, funeral costs and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 10/20/10 that translate to a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, court costs and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volvo V60.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your V60 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you quote Orlando auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Orlando can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
How to buy cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Orlando
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Orlando is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Florida. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a negative credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)